Thursday, August 6, 2015

Our Second Day in Mass Makes 19


 Our second day in Massachusetts, we walked the Freedom Trail, in Boston. Let me tell you, Bostonians really like their old school cobblestone pathways. Not a good surface for pushing a 200 pound man in a wheelchair. This, along with the 94 degrees outside, made for a very long walk. It was interesting and educational, but we were exhausted by the end.

There are several churches and cemeteries along the way. I was fascinated by the ancient headstones. Especially the ones of some very important people, like John Adams, above.





Paul Revere is remembered here. 



These skeletons were just cool.


I wish I had time to edit all of the photos I took. Our plan is to have a book made when we get home, and I know all the editing is going to take forever. It will be worth it though.



This is a mural in the ground outside the nation's first public school. It had real marbles in it.


The Old State House, the original capital building of the state of Mass. 




Paul Revere's home. It was restored in the early 1900's. There was a third story at one time but it was removed during the renovation. I was sad to learn that none of the original window glass remains. Built in 1680, it is the oldest house still standing in Downtown Boston.


Smaller on the inside than it looks.



I didn't get a ton of pictures because we got very hot and cranky along the way. When we reached the end of the trail, we decided to get an Uber ride back to where we started. There was some time to kill before dinner, and it we needed to cool off so we wento to a movie. Ant Man. The kids really enjoyed it. I'm not lying when I say G and I both fell asleep! After the movie, we met up at Scholars Boston with my cousin, Kayleen. The food was excellent and it was wonderful to see her. Really wish we could have spent more time together.


Love her!


We enjoyed Boston very much. Next time we will visit in the fall, when the weather is nice and the leaves are turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment